Friday, May 7, 2021

Recognition

Some wonderful words from Harry S. Truman have great meaning for me. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” Now don't get me wrong, the awards and plaques, and certificates of recognition that are sometimes given to people who are making a real difference in our world are quite wonderful!  People SHOULD be recognized.  If you aren't thinking about that though - if recognition is not the reason you are doing something, it seems that you will be so much more successful.

In all my years I had never received any awards or recognition until very recently.  I know that when people have complimented me on this blog I have been a little embarrassed.  I am who I am and I want to change the world, and this is part of how I do it - or at least try to do it.  Recognition is really not a part of the picture.

I do love to recognize others for their accomplishments and I always urge organizations to salute those who do super things.  Formal recognition can serve as an encouragement for many.  So, my friends, when you see someone doing something great, let they know they are appreciated.  Encourage others to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment