Tuesday, August 27, 2013

many many thanks!

Even though, as I so often point out, this blog is NOT about me, I am the writer and so from time to time I like to take a moment to acknowledge some wonderful things that happen.  I am fortunate to have a number of regular readers and some of the folks who read this have done some remarkable things.
 
First, thanks to everyone who reads the words I write and a special thanks to everyone who shares those words or who acts on something I might suggest here.  Thanks too for all who write comments or who send me emails.  I am also touched by all who share in the outrage of Sunday's story of the church that faced arrest for feeding people.
 
I have been fortunate to be able to donate money to various charities from time to time.  I don't have huge amounts of money though and so my fundraising is seldom of a large scale that folks might take notice of.  This year however I raised more money for AIDS Walk than ever before.  In fact, I received notification yesterday that I was in the top twenty individual fundraisers for this year's event!  Wow!  It's because of the generosity of folks who sponsored me, many of whom came from this blog.  Next month I do the Light the Night Walk for leukemia, and I have already beaten my past record for that, again this is because of help from folks like you.  I didn't do it - WE did!
 
Someone told me recently that my blog inspired them.  I'm glad.  When you write something like this, you can hope for certain results, but there is of course no guarantee.  It's so nice though to receive the positive feedback.  Thanks for that.
 
It's is the kindness and the encouragement that I receive from readers that truly inspires me.  Many, many thanks to all of you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment