Friday, September 6, 2013

Wipe out cancer

To continue with what I was saying here yesterday, cancer is bad and needs to be gone - we all agree on that.  But how?  There are those who say it is hopeless.  Some say that scientists and drug companies don't want a cure because the money is in the suffering.  I tend to believe in the goodness of human beings and I believe too that when we get together we can pretty much do anything.

I mentioned the Light the Night Walk which I am participating in once again this month. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual event is just over a week away at AT&T Park here and you can get involved with that by signing up to walk or by donating money to sponsor a walker.  It's a good time to learn more about blood cancers and to make a difference in the fight.  By the way, you can simply click HERE to sponsor me - EVERY donation helps!

There are other organizations of course and I highly recommend the American Cancer Society both as a source of information and as a place where we can all get involved.  There have many different programs and the best place to start is at their website at http://www.cancer.org Years ago I worked for them, and I can assure you they are a top notch organization that does many amazing things.

Donate money.  Write letters to elected officials urging them to dedicate laws to cancer treatment and research.  Volunteer at cancer centers - sometimes something as simple as reading to cancer patients can make a big difference!  There are many ways to get involved.  (Perhaps you have some that you would like to share with us).  To wipe out cancer we need to get involved and we need to care, but I really believe we CAN do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment