Friday, September 12, 2014

Touching my all

So many times I have written here about Go Inspire Go. Words are really not enough. You have to check it out for yourself. Part of it is Toan Lam. He is a force! Part of it is a movement which Toan inspired. All of it is brilliant positive energy that makes your spirit soar.  I can go to their website - http://goinspirego.com/ - and immediately I feel warmth. 
 
When Robin Williams died last month there was great sadness here in the Bay Area, Robin's home.  Toan wrote about him saying “I may not have known him personally, but I will always remember how he made me feel.”  He then continued by recalling the words of another great San Francisco hero whom we also recently lost.  “A quote by the late author and poet Maya Angelou comes to mind. 'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'”
 
He actually seems to quote Maya Angelou a lot.  Why not?  I seem to quote Toan Lam a lot.  The reflections of his own experiences and thoughts and the wonderful true stories he shares are the same kind of encouraging and inspiring thoughts that Dr Angelou was known for.
 
Toan isn't just the Chief Inspirator at Go Inspire Go, he is my chief inspiratory too.  I don't think I have ever met someone who so inspires me in everything he does.  It's not just stimulating for my brain or a warm fuzzy feeling of doing nice things.  It's about touching my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment