Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tea With Toan

Here in this space I write each day about making a difference and I have written more about Toan Lam than any other individual. A mutual friend introduced us a few years ago, for which I will always be grateful.  It wasn't long after that Toan created Go Inspire Go, which usually is something I tell you about when I write about him.  He also has a recurring Tea With Toan feature where he chats with someone of interest.  The most recent of those video conversations deals with grief.

Dealing with the loss of a loved one is difficult.  Just last year I went through a difficult time following the loss of my mother.  I remember that Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas were particularly tough for me last year.  It was actually some of the kindness and wisdom of Toan that helped me back then.  In this latest Tea With Toan, which you can watch HERE, there is even more help. Being There for Someone in Grief: Essential Lessons in Supporting Someone Grieving from Death, Loss and Trauma, is a book by Marianna Cacciatore, who in this chat with Toan tells the story of her own childhood trauma and grief.  She mentions generosity and love several times, which is certainly appropriate because they are the very words I would use to describe Toan Lam.

Good stuff here and I highly recommend watching the conversation (which lasts just over twenty minutes). You can also find out more HERE and more about Go Inspire Go in general HERE.  Oh and the author has a website too at http://www.mariannacacciatore.com/
 
Grief isn't just when a person dies, and I am grateful to learning a lot of new things and new ways to cope with various kinds of loss.  Thank you so much to Marianna and Toan for this special awakening which is so good at this holiday season.  I have not yet picked up the book, but I just ordered it!

No comments:

Post a Comment