Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What are you doing the rest of your year?

Last December were you one of the many who many resolutions? How did that work for you? Did you follow through?  How about other plans?  Was there some big project you wanted to do in 2014 or somewhere you wanted to go?  You're not out of time yet, but the clock is still ticking.
 
I'm not a big believer in New Year's resolutions.  I think it's much better to resolve to do good things every single day of your life, but not force a specific list upon ourselves that often is unrealistic and simply sets us up for failure.  I also believe that we should all seize the moment and that whole "change the world" thing that I am always talking about - I think that is an ongoing project that should never end.  Any day is a good day to give back to our communities and to make a difference.
 
It's lovely to see folks get all excited around Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and other holidays and make plans to help others.  The campaign that I've been talking about here for several days, where Josh started and online fundraiser to help the homeless man Thomas is another example of holiday giving that really warms my heart.  I hope it continues (and you can just click HERE to find out more about that and to donate and help Thomas too), but I would love even more for that spirit to be alive in February and in June and in times when there is no "holiday season of giving."
 
But for the rest of 2014, do you have any plans?  Do you agree with me about the giving?  Do you agree about resolutions?  Let me hear from you!  We don't get many comments anymore and I would love to end the year with a whole stream of thoughts from you who read this!  Now, let's get out there and enjoy these last few days before 2015 comes running toward us!

No comments:

Post a Comment