Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Shout From The Roof Tops

Yes, I am still talking about gun safety and anti-lgbt violence. Yes, I still am writing here about love instead of hate. If I could, I would shout it from the rooftops! I don't understand meanness and I don't understand harming others. It makes no sense. I'd really like to hear some of you chime in too. Please feel free to add comments below.

Gun violence is terrible, regardless of who is being attacked. Please know that it is just as disgusting for an unarmed African American teenage boy to be gunned down by a police officer, as it is for a transgender woman to be shot to death by a transphobic man. All murder is wrong. All hate is wrong. You won't hear me saying otherwise. The reason I have been focusing on guns and the lgbt community, is that there seems to be an increase, and many people, including political leaders and clergy, are saying that violence against lgbt people is not only and good thing, but a necessary thing. They are WRONG.

Let me be quite clear about something else. We need to stop when we hear any hate speech and to examine what is being said. No matter what you hear, protecting the rights of transgender women and men, even those rights as basic as going to the bathroom, does NOT put others at risk. Allowing all adults to choose what other adults they wish to marry, does not effect the lives of others. If your narrow mind can not welcome all people, then stay home! As for everyone else, let's go out there and spread the love! Let us show how great this world is. Let us share only good and kind things and truly turn our backs on hate.

It may seem simple to you, but it really isn't. The difficulty is in that there are so many haters already. Don't let them ruin the world though. Join me and shout it from the rooftops! Love is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment