Thursday, May 6, 2021

family


I don't understand the fighting that too often goes on within families and I certainly don't understand people walking out or disowning. Family (to me) is forever. It's not like some kind of club you resign from.

Is family important in times of crisis or distress?  Of course!  These days we need our families more than ever.  Show the love.  Never turn your back.

How can a parent turn their back on a child?  How can a kid walk out on mom or dad?  How do sisters and brothers stop speaking to each other?  Family (to me) is about love. With love there is no fighting or walking out - or kicking out. With love there is respect and there is discussion and there is understanding and hope. Family is the foundation for all that we are.

I remember an interview with Angelina Jolie from several years ago in which the actress said it best: "Family is what grounds you."  Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment