Friday, March 1, 2013

It Gets Better

You may already know about the It Gets Better Project, but I want to remind you.  Founded by Dan Savage and his husband Terry Miller in response to the suicides of teenagers who were bullied because they were either gay, or thought to be, it was originally a YouTube channel, but It Gets Better now has its own website with more than 30,000 videos posted by individuals of all sexual orientations. Click HERE to go to their website.

If you are gay or lesbian and feel that you are alone and unloved, I know you will find inspiration from this site.  I have been so very moved by many of the video messages, some of which have been made by friends of mine.  I find them to be a good learning experience too.  Some folks just don't get it, and it helps when real people explain their love and their lives.

Last year, the San Francisco Police Department made a video, which I hope you will take a moment to watch.  It brought me to tears, but I assure you they were tears of joy!  Just click HERE to see that video.

There are so many videos - some from regular folks like me and some from celebrities.  The San Francisco Goants even made one!  There are some very powerful messages.  Take a look.  I hope you will tell your friends too, because it does get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment