Monday, March 9, 2015

We

Saturday, watching the President of the United States lead the crowd that gathered in Selma, Alabama was quite moving. I'm old enough to remember that original march and, as moving as that was, this touched me more, especially the President's words.
 
The title of this blog is "It's NOT about me."  Of course I am part of the package, but so are all of you.  Instead of me then, it's we.  From time to time I think we forget the importance of acting in concert with our sisters and brothers.  President Barack Obama give us such a wonderful reminder over the weekend, as he led the group and also in his address to the crowd.
 
"The single-most powerful word in our democracy is the word 'we.' We the People. We shall overcome. Yes we can. That word is owned by no one. It belongs to everyone," the President said.  "Oh, what a glorious task we are given, to continually try to improve this great nation of ours."
 
I want to always remember that it is NOT about me, but about every single one of us.  It's all about WE!


No comments:

Post a Comment