Wednesday, January 27, 2016

walking to make a difference

First thing this morning, I signed up for another walk-a-thon. Those of you who read this regularly, know that when I used to live in San Francisco, I did many walk-a-thons. It's a great way to bring awareness to a cause and to raise funds at the same time. You know what else? It's great to get outdoors and mingle with other people and get some good exercise. Want to make a difference? Signup for a walk-a-thon near you!

By the way, the particular one with I signed up for today was the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. Mine will be in San Francisco at AT&T Park in November, and although I realize this is NOT about me, I would be honored to have your support. One of the many cool things about this fundraiser, is you don't have to donate set amounts like $50 or $100. You may give as little as a dollar and you can donate amounts that might be significant to you ($19.74, for example, if you were born in 1974). Click HERE to go to my secure fundraising page for this event.

Donating to these various walk-a-thons helps of course, but so does walking. Join a team, or form your own! Want to raise funds for a local cause? Think about setting up a walk-a-thon. It doesn't have to be elaborate. There are walks all around the country for various causes. AIDS Walk, another event I always participate in, has walks in many major cities. Click HERE to find out about the AIDS Walk closest to you.  More on the Light the Night walks taking place all over, can be found at http://www.lightthenight.org/
 
Go for a walk and make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment