Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Good Deed Bank

Many times in this blog, I've written about doing good deeds. I always like it when they are random and not expecting anything in return, but I understand that some folks need a little more encouragement than others, which is why a certain bank in China caught my attention, and gets my praise.

It has been referred to as the "morality bank" and it is getting high praise from many others. Located in Yanji, a city in the northeastern part of China, those who do good deeds, get special bonuses from this bank. Pretty cool, huh? We're not talking little things either. Rewards from the bank can include free health screenings, house cleaning, or even a free haircut!

Here's how it works. All good deeds are assigned points, and those points can be redeemed for services. Return someone's lost wallet? That might be worth 50 points. Jump into the lake and save a woman from drowning, a higher amount of points, possibly 500, will come your way. Accumulate 6,000 points and you will be declared a "model of community morals". Nice.

Of course I still think the best reward is simply knowing you did something good, but I really like this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment