Friday, April 8, 2016

The Movies

Television has had a huge focus on fighting and killing, for many years, but it seems to be increasing in the motion pictures. What makes people want to see so much violence on the big screen? How can you watch terrorist plots unfold, presidents be assassinated, and innocent children brutalized, and then wonder who these things are happening in the real world?

Not I'm not going to begin a debate of whether film violence causes real violence or if the violence that happens all too often in our world is why producers bring such action to movies. In the end, the which came first is really not all that important. What I do want to say is that there is so much positive that can be entertaining, that I wish producers focused more on that. Romance tales, musicals, comedies, nature stories, and even documentaries are wonderful alternatives that can be enjoyable and don't glorify negative behavior.

When was the last time you went to a movie? Can you remember what type of film it was? Tell me about it. Let me hear your thoughts. For me, the wonderful uplifting Everything Before Us (which is fresh on my mind because I saw it not that long ago and because I recently wrote about its producer here) or a movie like The Wedding Planner, or While You Were Sleeping will get my vote before the murder movies that are so plentiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment