Saturday, May 13, 2023

all gone

There is a line in the classic film The Trouble With Angels, in which elderly actress Judith Lowry as Sister Prudence says "All gone."  I have no idea what it meant.  Every time I watch that movie (and I love it and have watched it a LOT), I wonder what that was supposed to mean.  I will most likely never know.  I do know about something being all gone though because that is precisely what happened to all the earlier entries for this blog.  They now are all gone.
 
I don't know how long you have been reading this or if you have ever just wondered what I might have said before this entry, but you cannot go all the way back to the beginning anymore.  Delete keys can sometimes be overridden, but not in this case.  With one motion (well it was perhaps more than one) I wiped out much of the writing.  Prior to this year, you can now only find periodic posts.
 
This might not be a big deal to you, but I really didn't save most of these in any other form, so it's a bigger deal to me.  Another lesson learned of course - back things up!  Yesterday I even printed a paper copy of every blog entry that is left.  Unless any of you happened to save my earlier blog posts though, they are now all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment