Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Living in the past

Are you living in the moment or are you stuck where you used to be; where you always have been? Do you have appreciation for the present, or have you gotten stuck in the past? What about the future? Are you looking ahead or do your eyes seem to be focused on your rearview mirror?
 
I know this blog is NOT about me, but I just have to share some thoughts I had last night.  I was thinking about today and the several things I have planned.  I was also realizing that because I live in a different place than until a few years ago, there are going to be differences.  This pandemic is causing a lot of changes too.  Oh my!  Change?  Can't I have the security of doing things the way I always have?  Yes, there is comfort in familiarity, but there is also a complete lack of adventure.  We also never advance or go forward if we aren't willing to take risks and try new and different things.
 
How about this very minute in your life - are you enjoying it or are you thinking about something from yesteryear?  My experience has shown me the great joy of cherishing every single moment and at the same time looking ahead to the newness of life and the adventures we have along the way. 
 
"Oh I can't wait for this day to end!"  How many of us have said this?  The sad thing is that we are missing the beauty of now.  Years ago on the radio, I used to say "Smell the flowers along the way.  They're only here for a very short while and they need a lot of love to grow."  Living in the past keeps us from the joy of knowing the now and the future.  Live each moment and be glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment