Sunday, March 17, 2024

Love until it hurts

Mother Teresa once said "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love." Wonderful!  How can more love ever be a bad thing?

I remember that every time I talked to my mother, she said something about love.  She loved me and my sister but she also loved life and her friends and her everyday experiences, and it showed in everything she did!

I can remember a church in San Francisco where the members used to wear buttons (and hand them out to visitors too).  The buttons say "More Love." What a wonderful concept! I hope that church still has those buttons.

We write here in this blog each day about making a difference in this world of ours. Love is what that comes down to. You cannot do good deeds without love. Love brings joy to those who give it and to those who receive it. Love truly does help us make a difference. Mother Teresa made a difference in this world because of love.

Love is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment