Tuesday, March 22, 2016

defeating evil

By now most of you have heard the sad news of another terrorist attack early this morning in Belgium. I have spent the last few hours reflecting on this latest senseless act of evil, and at first I had a sort of helplessness. With so much violence and hate in the world, sometimes it feels hopeless, like evil will always prevail. Yesterday I wrote about in in the movies we watch, and today here it is in real life once again.

Sitting here at my desk, a lot have been running through my mind already today.  (I think I'm on my fourth cup of coffee)!  I'm thinking of the attacks this morning, but also the numerous instances of violence we see each day.  Why is there so much evil? Will the bad guys win? No! In my heart I know that the answer is certainly no. It may seem hopeless at times, but I believe that every single one of us is capable of incredible goodness, even those folks who do bad. It's a choice we make. We decide how our world will be and we decide if there is going to be evil or not.

It may seem simple, but all of us have to stand up and choose love everyday. We can't say good is sometimes the way to go. We must choice the side of good ALWAYS. We must always walk the path of loving ourselves and others and only then can we defeat evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment