Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I'll be walking in the park one day

Even though this blog is NOT about me, I have to tell you that once again this year, I'll be walking in the park one day. (It's not in the merry, merry month of May, but rather in July, but sing along anyway). I just signed up to participate in the 30th AIDS Walk San Francisco, an event which has truly made a difference over the years in many ways. It brings people together. It raises funds. It raises awareness. It has help reduce and eliminate stigma.

As I have written here before, San Francisco is not the only places where there is an annual AIDS Walk. New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, Houston, and many other cities host such walks. You can find a list of all the events across the US and Canada at http://www.aidswalk.org/

People can get involved in this on so many levels. Of course you can signup to walk, but if you don't think you have the energy, you can signup as a virtual walker and raise funds online. You can also volunteer. People are needed in various support positions, and not just on the day of the event. You can also sponsor walkers or teams. To sponsor me, for any amount, just click HERE to go to my official fundraising page.

I look forward to the day when AIDS is no more, but that day isn't here yet, and until then, I walk. I'd be honored to have your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment