Wednesday, May 15, 2013

See the pyramids

Mom and I would walk around The City and it seemed everywhere we went downtown, we saw the iconic Transamerica Pyramid San Francisco's tallest building. (The building does not house the headquarters of the Transamerica Corporation, by the way.  It once did and it is depicted in the company's logo). When the Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction Company structure was finished back in 1972 it was one of the tallest buildings in the world. 

Okay, but why did I venture down to a Montgomery Street landmark to begin my Saturday?  Joy.  Yup.  In a word:  joy.  No, the building does not bring me joy, but the memories of walking around with Mom, on many different occasions, does bring me joy.  I remember singing that line from "You Belong to Me," that classic ballad sung by Patsy Cline.

See the pyramids along the Nile.

It doesn't have to be a huge event.  This afternoon I have plans for a couple of small things.  I'm sure there will be joy in them as well.  Joy can come from memories or from doing new things.  Be joyful today!  See the pyramids!

No comments:

Post a Comment