Monday, July 8, 2013

Inspired by Jobs

It's another glorious day here in San Francisco.  I just got back from a run and I'm ready to take on the world.  Blue skies and fresh air are such a wonderful tonic.  I saw an old poster along the way with the face of Steve Jobs asking "'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"  What a great question!  Clear your head, take a deep breath, and think about it.

I'm glad I saw that, because Steve Jobs was one of those people who really inspired me.  I even have a favorite quote of his because it speaks to what I do here every day.  "Here's To The Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them.  About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.  Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world - are the ones who DO !"

Steve's 56 years were an incredible journey and we can all be glad he came our way.  Whether or not you have an Apple product, there is something that Steve Jobs did that has touched you.  Let's follow his lead, and change the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment