Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ripples from the other side of the world

Wherever you are in this world, you can make a difference! Today, I want to tell you some stories from Singapore because I was very moved by them myself. Singapore is a very young and diverse country with many languages, religions, and cultures. Although English is commonly spoken, so are Malay, Mandarin Chinese, and a number of other Chinese dialects, including Hokkien, Teochew, and Cantonese. The video I want you to see is in English. Click HERE to watch.
 
I love seeing programs where folks do good things for others.  If you noticed at the end of the video, there was a link to an organization in Singapore called Care and Share, a national fund-raising and volunteerism movement led by Community Chest.  There are some heartwarming stories on the Community Chest website at http://www.comchest.org.sg that I hope you will check out.  There is also more about Care and Share HERE.  Share this with your friends too (especially on twitter or facebook).
 
If you are just reading along and did not watch the video I mentioned above, I urge you to go back and take a look at it.  In it, a family struggles to pay for their purchases. A young man is reminded then of his childhood and does something quite remarkable.  Watching it warmed my heart.  It's right HERE - you can have your heart warmed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment