Tuesday, April 23, 2013

feel the love and see the light

This past week has been a long hard one for the city of Boston and also for the nation. It has been a time of personal difficulty too as I experienced my mother's funeral.  I see so much sadness in the news every day now, and it is easy to become angry and to hold bad feelings.  I decided this morning, before doing anything else, I would take a deep breath and think of all the goodness; all the light that shines into my life. 

As I turn to healing and forgiving, I hold the words of Martin Luther King, Jr in my mind and in my heart:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Feel the love!  See the light!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing. You have an incredibly positive attitude, which is much appreciated in this crazy world. Great quote, good advice. thank you.

    ReplyDelete